If you have any doubt regarding teeth whitening procedure, you can talk to your family dentist.
Teeth whitening these days have become popular among everyone. From the Internet to the images in magazines to the posters at the dental office, the importance of teeth whitening is discussed everywhere.
You may still wonder why is teeth whitening talked about so much? You may also want to know if it’s the right decision for you or not. Can teeth whitening really have a positive impact on your life?
There might be so many questions coming in your mind which can only be answered by a qualified dentist.
Teeth whitening is completely safe and a life-enhancing process. The treatment positively affects both your physical appearance and psychological health.
To know more about how good is teeth whitening consult the dentists at RiverRock DDS.
Let us talk about some of the positive effects of teeth whitening on your oral and overall health.
· It enhances your Appearance
You might be having the healthiest teeth and a bright smile but you are not safe from dental damage. Consuming liquids like coffee, tea and soda cause staining on your teeth over time. It’s easier to whiten your teeth in pictures with the help of camera filter. The question is why should you settle for editing effects when you can whiten your teeth professionally?
You will instantly notice the difference teeth whitening brings to your smile and face. A whiter and brighter smile will enhance your look than never before.
· It boosts your Self-confidence
The effect of teeth whitening is not just visible in your photos but also on your personality. You will witness a boost in your self-confidence after you get your teeth whitened. Whether you are in a meeting, at work or just walking down the street, you will happily flaunt your new teeth.
· It reduces the Wrinkles on your face
Whiter teeth and brighter smile shifts the focus of everyone on your face. Once your whiter teeth are visible, people will naturally pay attention to your new smile. This will reduce the appearance of any wrinkles or fine lines on your face. Even if you are least concerned about this, it’s an added advantage.
· It’s Cost-effective
Teeth whitening enhance your appearance without costing heavily on your pockets. You can make a huge difference to your look without spending hundreds of dollars. At-home teeth whitening kits are easily affordable with small price tags and larger-than-life results. The best way to get teeth whitening treatment is to visit your family dentist and discuss your needs.
· It makes you look more Attractive
Whiter teeth not just make you feel more confident, minimize wrinkles but enhance your look as well. You will reap the benefits of having whiter teeth along with looking more attractive than ever. You will see new opportunities knocking on your door in just no time. Whiter teeth are an indication that you take good care of your oral and overall health.
· It doesn’t damage your Teeth
Teeth whitening is often considered to damage tooth enamel and increase sensitivity to hot and cold foods. However, this is not true as the stains on your teeth are caused due to foods you have eaten. Those foods do not cause any irreparable damage to your teeth. Teeth whitening reverses the effects of stains on your teeth. It’s a safe cosmetic improvement that doesn’t damage your teeth.
If you have any queries on teeth whitening procedure and its effectiveness, Contact us.
You may have never thought of visiting a family dentist for feeling nauseated.
Nausea is not a pleasant experience, and it’s unavoidable in most cases. A stomach bug, eating food that doesn’t suit, and some type of virus can cause you nausea. During and after nausea, it’s important to know how it impacts your oral health. At the same time, you should also know how to take care of your mouth if you experience nausea.
At RiverRock Dental, Downtown Shakopee, we have the best family dentists to help you cope with nausea.
Causes of Nausea
There are many factors that are responsible for an upset stomach. In most cases, pregnant women suffer from nausea and vomiting usually referred to as morning sickness. Another reason for constantly feeling nauseated may be an ongoing medical condition such as gallbladder disease, ulcers etc.
Nausea is also caused due to pain, stress, or taking certain medications with side effects. Motion sickness and seasickness also causes a sick stomach, which goes away when you remove yourself from the situation.
Surprisingly, many people experience nausea when they visit a dentist. It is caused due to a past dental experience that wasn’t very good. If you have teeth abscesses or some kind of gum disease, the drainage of bacteria into your stomach can cause nausea.
Vomiting and Oral Health
The bile and acids from your stomach passing through your mouth can cause serious damage to your teeth, gums, and throat. Taking proper care of your mouth is extremely important, even if you are not well. After vomiting, rinsing your mouth with water and using a fluoride mouthwash is a must.
You should know that brushing teeth after vomiting can cause various other dental problems. Stomach acid weakens teeth enamel, so brushing immediately after vomiting can cause the enamel to erode. After vomiting stops, make sure to brush your teeth with toothpaste containing fluoride.
Vomiting that occurs frequently will have negative effects on your dental health. Dental problems include dryness, mouth sores, mouth and tongue redness, chronic sore throats, and enamel erosion. The erosion of teeth enamel increases the risk of decay, cavities, and sensitivity in the teeth. In the worst case, erosion can affect the way your lower and upper teeth come together. As a result, you may end up losing some of your teeth.
Acid reflux is a medical concern where the gastric fluid goes over into the esophagus again and again. This condition leads to severe heartburn and discomfort due to the fluid being highly acidic. The acids in this fluid impact the overall dental health and need to be addressed quickly. It’s important to contact your family dentist to help treat the problem on an urgent basis. Acid reflux worsens due to unhealthy lifestyle habits, such as alcohol consumption or smoking. An unhealthy diet, excessive medication, and poor eating habits add to the negative effects.
When the acid passes through the esophagus and enters your mouth, it can lead to enamel erosion. Our dental professionals provide several effective treatment options for the erosion of the teeth. Remineralization is one of the many options used in providing long-term protection for the teeth. Other treatment options are topical fluoride application and fluoride rinsing for use at home.
Just like vomiting when you experience acid reflux, avoid brushing your teeth for about 30 minutes after it. Brushing too soon poses the risk of erosion since the acid will be there in your mouth.
You may consult your family doctor to deal with nausea and its effects. But if nausea is having an impact on your oral health, you should immediately visit a dentist near you. Proper dental care and treatment can foil the effects of nausea in your mouth.
To ensure good oral health and get the best treatment, Contact Us to meet our experienced family dentists.
As responsible parents, you need to understand the importance of dentistry for children. The path to healthy adult teeth begins from early dental care habits and healthy kids teeth. Keeping your children’s teeth cavity-free should be your ultimate goal. To keep your pockets unburdened from various dental treatments, you must regularly take your child to a family dentist.
Studies suggest that poor dental hygiene and habits impact your child’s eating, sleeping, and overall body functioning. This can further lead to dental decay and diseases which is a major cause of concern for parents.
At RiverRock Dental, we offer the best dentistry for children services at affordable rates. Our family dentists will take care of all the dental problems your child has and help them develop good dental care habits.
Tips to Help your Children keep their Teeth Healthy
You can easily mold your children to develop good oral hygiene habits which last forever. These habits eventually become a part and parcel of your children’s life once they grow up as adults. If poor oral hygiene is not corrected at the right time, it may have adverse effects in the future.
You can take help from the tips given below to help your children learn dental care habits.
Ø Be their Role Model: Children tend to imitate their parents to a large extent. It is, therefore, your duty to be a good role model and demonstrate good oral care habits for them. You must brush and floss together with your kids instead of making them do it independently. Brushing and flossing should be made a routine in your daily life.
Ø Teach them Brushing Techniques: Kids cannot learn the right brushing techniques on their own. You will have to teach them the right amount of toothpaste to be used by them. They will gradually learn how to spit the toothpaste instead of swallowing it. You can only teach your children the right brushing techniques.
Ø Schedule Regular Dental Appointments: It is extremely important to schedule your kid’s dental appointment at least twice a year. Regular dental visits will make them understand and develop the habit of visiting a dentist regularly.
Ø Communication: Communicating your kids about what is involved in dentistry for children is very important. If they are aware of what happens during a normal dental check-up they won’t fear it.
Ø Healthy Eating Habits: Healthy eating habits have a positive impact on the overall health of your children’s teeth. Keeping your children away from sugary foods and drinks lessen their chance of developing cavities.
It is your responsibility to work hard on developing good oral hygiene habits in your children. You should strive to help your children achieve healthy teeth from early childhood. You can make the dental care habits last for a lifetime by focusing on the above goals.
You may visit your dentist for various reasons varying from regular dental cleanings to dental treatments. You can also consult your family dentist for various dental care concerns you may have. Recently, social media and celebrities have been witnessed popularizing the oil pulling technique to maintaining good oral health.
Before following social media trends of oil pulling, you must consult your family dentist. At RiverRock Dental, our knowledgeable and experienced dentists will tell you everything related to the oil pulling technique.
Let’s find out what our dentists have to say about oil pulling, how it started and alternate solutions.
What is Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling is an ancient procedure which has been considered to treat various dental problems. It is effective in cleaning the mouth, teeth whitening, curing bad breath, and inflammation. It can help to prevent conditions such as eczema, arthritis, and gum diseases.
The process involves swishing your mouth with high-quality oil for about 20 minutes a day. The oils most recommended for use are organic coconut oil, sesame oil or sunflower oil.
There are no scientific studies that claim the effectiveness of this technique yet many people say it works. On the contrary, there are many people who experienced negative effects from this technique.
Why oil pulling works for some and doesn’t work for others?
The founders of oil pulling said that it helps to whiten teeth and reduces plaque. However, the same benefits can be easily accomplished with using mouthwash, chewing sugar-free gum or rinsing with water. All these options work to increase saliva and reduce plaque concentration without sticking to the teeth.
Oil pulling is beneficial if done regularly for 20 minutes but it is very difficult for many. When swishing, the oil doubles and your mouth is filled with saliva that is produced. When you spit out the oil, the consistency is too unpleasant to be continued as a daily habit.
Therefore, your dentist will usually recommend you to use an alcohol-free mouthwash available in a variety of flavors.
Is Oil Pulling Better than other Dental Solutions?
Although oil pulling may remove some plaque from your mouth, it needs proper tools and procedures. Brushing your teeth twice daily, flossing, use of mouthwash, and chewing sugar-free gums are better alternate solutions.
Effective home remedies can still not equal the importance of regularly visiting a dentist. Even if you maintain good oral health, visiting your family dentist twice a year is important to address any oral care needs. There are dental issues and problems such as loose or broken teeth, jaw pain, diseases etc that need your dentist’s attention.
If you want to enhance your smile with whiter teeth or want to discuss any dental concerns talk to our dentists. Our experienced dentists will help you adapt better natural solutions to serve your specific dental needs.
If you have concerns regarding your oral health and hygiene, make an appointment with your family dentist.
Contact Us today to discuss the best options to ensure better dental health.
It can be a frightening moment when you first discover that your child has one or more cavities. To avoid that moment of fear, you need to understand the importance of dentistry for children in today’s world. The good news is there are many ways to prevent your baby from forming cavities due to decay.
If your child develops cavities on baby tooth, our family dentists can take care of the problem.
Let’s look at how you can prevent cavities to form on your little one’s baby tooth. The most common reason for tooth decay in children is due to excessive intake of sugary foods. These foods do not include only sugary candies. The different fruits and juices contain plenty of natural sugars that break down teeth if not brushed properly.
A healthy and well-balanced diet which includes calcium and phosphorus is necessary to keep your child’s good oral health. If your child drinks fruit juice, avoid giving it before bedtime and dilute it with water. Your snacks should include vegetables, low-sugar dairy product, and plenty of milk for healthy teeth.
The best thing you can do is to schedule an appointment with the dentists at RiverRock Dental clinic. To ensure good oral health of your child, make sure that you bring your child for regular dental checkup. In between dental sittings, make sure that your child brushes and flosses every day. Brushing twice daily for two minutes before going to bed removes any decay or plaque formed in the mouth.
The Right Brushing Techniques
You should teach your child about the right brushing techniques as given below-
· Teach your children to move the brush back and forth and in gentle circular strokes.
· Tell them to brush the outer surfaces, the inner surfaces, and chewing surfaces of all the teeth.
· Teach them to place the brush at a 45 degree angle to the gums.
· Ask them to also brush the tongue to remove excess bacteria and keep breath fresh.
The Importance of Dentistry for Children
Because it’s not always possible to prevent cavities in your kid’s mouth, dentistry for children is important. If your child develops a cavity, our experienced dentists will notify you during your child’s regular dental visits.
The cavity needs to be eliminated at the earliest, when it appears on your child’s baby teeth. Your family dentist will remove the decayed part of the tooth and fill in the hole. This prevents your child from experiencing any further pain.
You may wonder why we emphasize on taking care of baby teeth. It is important because baby teeth hold spaces where your child’s permanent teeth will grow in future. If the baby teeth are not taken care of, the permanent teeth of your child won’t grow properly.
If you have any concerns about your child’s baby teeth, request an appointment at RiverRock Dental, Downtown Shakopee.
A dentist plays a very crucial role in helping you maintain a good oral health. Have you ever thought of asking your family dentist about the impact of cold and flu remedies?
It is quite challenging to face long and sleepless nights with cold and spend working days with runny nose. However, there are many remedies you can try to treat cold and flu symptoms. But they can have their own side-effects that can cause damage to your teeth.
You should understand your dental health is as important as your overall health. Therefore, you must know what can affect you and how to combat those problems.
To get the best treatment and advice on how to keep your teeth healthy, talk to Our Dentists.
What According to the Dentist Can Affect your Teeth?
Given below are the following cold and flu remedies that may affect your teeth-
· Decongestants: Decongestants are effective in fighting against runny nose by drying things out. But at the same time, it can cause too much of dryness in the mouth. Dryness causes reduced saliva flow and promotes bacterial growth in the mouth. It can further lead to problems like gum diseases and tooth decay. If you are taking cold and flu medicines, you should drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.
· Cough Drops and Sore Throats Lozenges: The cough drops and sore throat lozenges dissolve slowly into your mouth. It means that you hold on to these products for prolonged period in your mouth to settle gradually. These products have sugar content which can harm your teeth and cause tooth decay. Therefore, the best option is to take sugar-free cough drops and sore throat lozenges. If you use sugary products, make sure you brush your teeth regularly to keep them clean and healthy. Our dentists can fix the cavities in your mouth, but its best to avoid the situation.
· Cough Syrup and Liquid Cold Medicine: Cough syrups and liquid cold medicines also contain sugar in the solution. These liquids leave a coating on your teeth and can lead to tooth decay. Some of the medications contain alcohol that reduces saliva production making it difficult to wash the coating away. To avoid threat to your teeth, you can take pills and gel-caps instead of liquid medication. You should drink water to increase saliva production and also brush your teeth regularly.
· Hot Tea and Orange Juice: Hot tea is a common remedy to fight cold, flu and other health problems. But hot tea has its own dental dangers due to the presence of sugar and leads to tooth erosion. Similarly, consumption of orange juice and other citric beverages softens tooth enamel. The acidity damages your teeth if it’s not addressed at the right time.
To prevent damage to your teeth when consuming the above things, you should consume water excessively. Along with water consumption, brushing your teeth after meals is also important.
To keep your teeth in good health, you should visit your family dentist often. The dentists at RiverRock Dental offer the best care and treatment for your various dental problems.
A dental implant is a tiny yet strong titanium screw which is used to surgically replace damaged or missing teeth. It is attached to the jawbone firmly to connect artificial teeth or other dental prostheses to the jaw.
Dental implants are not only used in replacing broken tooth but also to support loose or removable dentures. Before you decide to get a dental implant, you should know the importance of replacing teeth.
· Appearance: It is emotionally stressful to have a bad tooth or even worse a missing tooth. Our teeth contribute to making our appearance better and also boost our confidence. A missing tooth can affect our personal and work life by dropping down our confidence. Dental implants are effective in boosting your confidence and giving you a better replacement. There is a visible difference between the newly replaced tooth and the one that was badly damaged.
· Oral Health Care: Even if a single tooth is lost, there is an imbalance in your whole dental structure. The gap allows the nearby teeth to tilt and shift as a result of chewing. Consequently, this gives way to many other dental problems and affects your oral health. This happens when the distorted teeth structure interferes with your chewing abilities. It is seen that in a few years more teeth start to fall down.
· Comfort: If you have a missing tooth, every time you eat something it would touch the exposed root of the missing tooth. It causes a lot of discomforts and a sensation occurs which can be quite painful. Ultimately, you have to give up on some of your favorite foods due to continuous pain and discomfort.
A dental implant can help you regain your lost tooth and ability to chew food easily. It is important to get the procedure done at a reputable clinic as The River Rocks Dental. Our dentists are highly-skilled in carrying out a complex surgical procedure. The dental implantation procedures have a success rate of 95 percent.
How to Take Care of your Dental Implants
After getting dental implants, you need to take good care of your oral health to make them last longer. You should understand it is important to clean and protect the implants even when they are unreal.
After spending time and money on dental implants, you must take every step to maintain good oral health. One of the best ways to maintain good oral health in the future is to establish good nutrition.
· Make Strategic Choices after your Oral Surgery: Your nutritional choices after the dental procedure impacts the healing of the implant. Adding Vitamin C to your diet will decrease periodontal disease progression. Consuming green tea and its extracts will inhibit periodontal pathogenic growth.
· Make the Right Eating Choices: To make your dental implants last long, you need to make smart eating choices. The food that enters your mouth starts to change instantly. If the food that you eat is rich in sugar and carbohydrates, they will convert into acids. These acids attack the teeth causing decay in the long run. By consuming highly-processed and sugar-free foods, you can prevent many dental problems. It also helps to keep your teeth and gums as healthy as possible.
· Maintain your mouth’s pH Balance: The food that you eat impact the pH levels of your mouth. The pH level is measured on a scale of 0 to 12 with 7 considered neutral. If the food you eat has pH lower than 7, it will have negative health consequences. By avoiding acidic foods, you can maintain your body’s pH balance and ensure good oral health.
To get the best dental implants, Fix an Appointment with our Dentists.
Dentistry for children is very important in order to keep your child’s teeth healthy. Proper care of your child’s baby teeth will ensure the permanent teeth grow correctly. Dentistry for children will allow your child to learn good oral hygiene habits from an early stage.
You should make your child begin practicing oral hygiene routine but it can be a tough job. The first step to developing good oral hygiene habits begins with brushing and flossing. And brushing should be done by everyone in the family together. The next step is to visit your family dentist to get dentistry services for especially designed for children.
Why Develop Dentistry Habits in your Child at an Early Age
Taking care of the baby teeth is equally important for your child. Many parents don’t realize the significance of dentistry for children from a very early stage in life. Your child’s baby teeth impact the growth of his permanent teeth and their eating habits.
Taking proper care of the baby teeth teaches your child to develop oral hygiene habits since the very beginning. As a result, they will take care of their teeth when they grow up.
The parent’s attitude towards dental hygiene affects their children’s oral hygiene in the later stages of life. Your seriousness towards maintaining a good oral health routine will create awareness in your children too.
Developing the right brushing skills in your children when they are young will end up forever.
Tips to make your Child Learn the Art of Brushing
It isn’t easy to make your child brush his teeth twice a day. The children don’t understand the importance of brushing their teeth daily. If you want your children to brush their teeth twice daily, make them realize its importance. You should explain to your child that if the food gets caught in between your teeth they can get damaged.
The other ways to develop oral hygiene routine in your children are-
· Make it a Family Thing: Brushing is something practiced by everyone. It is best to brush together two minutes twice a day. Small children pick up the habits of their parents very quickly. So if they will see you take brushing seriously, they will follow your footsteps.
· Turn it into a Team sport: You can turn the brushing experience into a team sport by enjoying it. You should try to make your children enjoy those two minutes by making it an interesting affair. You can play your children’s favorite song so that they do not feel bored.
· Let your children choose their own Toothbrush and Toothpaste: Make your children choose their toothbrush and toothpaste on their own. This will make their brushing experience more fun and better. There are a variety of toothpastes which are child-friendly and also less intense.
· Start a Routine: The most crucial of all is to develop an oral hygiene routine for your whole family. Everyone brushing the teeth at the same time will build strong brushing habits in your children. Skipping brushing for a night or two may be easier but strive hard not to avoid it frequently. The dental hygiene habits that are inculcated by your children during the early years last forever.
Taking your Child to your Family Dentist
Teaching your children the right oral hygiene habits is not all. You must take them to your family dentist on a regular basis for regular check-ups. Working along with your dentist will assist you in developing good oral hygiene in your children.
At RiverRock Dental, our friendly dentists offer the best dentistry for children in Shakopee. Fix an appointment today!
A Dentist’s Best Tips to Keep your Smile Healthy Next Vacation
Who else can give you the best advice than a dentist to keep your smile healthy?
A healthy and beautiful smile is everyone’s wish. Even if you go out on a vacation with your family, maintaining your oral health is important. A vacation means you step out from your routine life but your dental care routine should not be missed.
You can follow your dental care routine easily without creating any hindrance in your family time.
A few of our dentist’s best tips can help you to keep your smile healthy this vacation-
· Visit your Dentist: Although very few enjoy visiting a dentist it’s extremely important. Going to your family dentist for regular checkups is essential for your good oral health. This will prevent any dental problems that might occur suddenly. Any dental problem is very painful for children and adults equally. You should visit your family dentist before heading out for a vacation to avoid any issues during the trip. Even a slight toothache can cause you a lot of discomforts, so get it resolved in advance.
· Keep the Essentials: Remember to keep the essential dental care items in your packing bag. All the basic dental supplies should not be left for the last moment packing. You may find it difficult to get them at a new place and they might be expensive too. Pack your toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, mouthwash, and lip sunscreen as well. You also have to take special care of the hygiene of your whole family. Keeping your toothbrush clean and dry is an important part of it.
· Follow your Usual Dental Routine: You tend to miss out on your daily routine due to the excitement of the vacation. But you should never miss out on your oral hygiene even if on a vacation. Brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash should remain an important part of your dental routine. Always keep your dentist’s contact number with you to get in touch at times of need.
· Eat Carefully: You enjoy and eat wholeheartedly during the vacations. While you eat everything that comes your way, you consume more sugar than usual. Any sugar that you intake will negatively affect your teeth and may cause cavities. You can rather consume alternating sugary juices or use a straw to keep away liquids from your teeth. It is best to pack healthy snacks and drink sugar-free liquids prevent harm to your teeth.
· Avoid the Dental Care Myths: You should be aware of many of the dental care myths. Using a mouthwash in place of brushing to save time is no good idea. Brushing once a day is not enough especially if you are consuming high amounts of sugar and other foods. You must follow your oral hygiene routine both in the morning and at night.
Paying attention to your oral hygiene is extremely important whether you’re at home or on a holiday. Inculcating good oral habits in your children from a very young age is equally significant.
The RiverRock Dental best family dentists can help you to maintain a healthy dental routine.
Visit your Family Dentist this Winter
Wondering how visiting your family dentist this winter is being emphasized upon?
The Dentists at RiverRock Dental have the answer to your question.
There is a layer of your teeth that is extremely sensitive to temperature changes. This layer gets exposed when your tooth enamel wears down or the gums recede. Consequently, whenever you eat or drink something hot or cold it touches this part and causes pain. A Similar type of pain can be felt during winters as your teeth contracts in response to the weather.
Cold weather can hurt your teeth as well as causing toothaches or sensitivity in your teeth or nerves. Extreme cold climate makes your teeth contract thus cracking and exposing the layer below the enamel. This layer is called Dentin and forms the core of your teeth between the enamel and the gums. Any problem in your enamel or gums can leave you vulnerable to cold weather pain.
Sensitivity due to the cold weather is unavoidable even if you follow good oral care hygiene. To minimize the effects of cold weather, you must know the causes of sensitivity and how to deal with the related pain. Most importantly, you should visit your family dentist at the earliest.
Reasons for Seasonal Sensitivity from a Dentist’s Desk
Your Dentin gets exposed to sensitivity due to the following reasons-
· Periodontal Disease: The diseases of the gums, periodontal ligament, and alveolar bone can expose dentin to sensitivity. The very first phase of the periodontal disease is Gingivitis.
· Brushing too hard: Do you also brush your teeth too hard? To remove the yellowness of your teeth you think brushing hard is the only solution. It’s not, in fact, it can hurt your enamel badly.
· Clenching: The habit of clenching and grinding your teeth while sleeping or being awake causes sensitivity.
· Tooth Decay: A neglected tooth decay problem is often followed by teeth sensitivity in winters. You should immediately visit a dentist near you if you feel pain in your tooth.
· Acidic Beverages: Excessive consumption of beverages containing a high concentration of acid can affect your enamel. Sodas, coffee, juices, and tea can erode your teeth and expose the dentin layer.
How will your Family Dentist Help?
You should see your dentist whenever you feel tooth sensitivity to get the treatment. A dentist will determine which teeth are most sensitive and recommend the best solution for those teeth. If it’s just the beginning, sensitivity toothpaste can be used to get rid of sensitivity. However, if your teeth are extremely sensitive, then an advanced procedure can be used by a dentist to treat you.
One of the following solutions you can expect as your dental treatment-
· Fluoride Application: A dentist may apply fluoride to your sensitive teeth. It is a natural mineral that strengthens the enamel and prevents sensitivity.
· Covering Root Surface: Your dentist may use a sealant to cover the root surfaces of receding gums.
· Mouth Guard: Your dentist can make a mouth guard to prevent you from clenching your teeth. A mouth guard is also effective for jaw pain.
· Root Canal Treatment: In this procedure, the dentist removes the soft pulp from the affected tooth. This is an advanced treatment used to fix serious tooth decay issues.
It is worth visiting your family dentist this coming winter at RiverRock Dental.
Why is Dentistry for Children Important
Dentistry for children focuses on maintaining the oral health care of your child. The first teeth of children do not last for a lifetime but they need conscientious care. The early dental care and good oral health is beneficial in the adulthood.
The primary teeth have two very important functions given below-
· The primary teeth act as guides to help in the eruption of permanent teeth. The primary teeth hold the space for the new teeth to emerge in their proper place.
· Your children spend most of their childhood with the primary teeth helping them to eat, chew, and speak. In the beginning years, the primary teeth perform these important functions before getting naturally replaced by the permanent ones.
You should make sure both the primary and permanent teeth are well cared for. To get the best oral care for your child, you must appoint for yourself a family dentist. A family dentist will look after the dental health of your whole family. Regular visits to your family dentist will enable your child to trust him and his practice.
Dentistry for children is crucial for the good oral health of your child from the very beginning. The child will also understand the importance of pediatric dentistry and will develop good oral health care routine.
The RiverRock Dental offers the best dentistry for children and adults of all ages.
The Right Time for Dentistry for Children
The first phase of dentistry for children can begin with the growth of your child’s first teeth. The primary teeth start appearing between six to nine months. You notice the two lower front teeth emerging at first followed by the two upper front ones. Next comes, the molars followed by the canines. The primary teeth that erupt are 20 in number. During this whole process, you may find some discomfort felt by the children. You can contact your family dentist to know the best course of action.
Your dentist will advise you to cleanse the newly erupting teeth and gums after each feeding. You can use a damp washcloth or soft water-soaked cotton to clean the gums and teeth.
When your child reaches the age of two, your family dentist will recommend establishing a daily brushing routine. Once your child begins to understand oral health, you can start taking him to the family dentist.
Dentistry for Children can begin as early as with the first year but there’s no harm in it. You can bring your children to the RiverRock Dental clinic for their first dental check-up. Our Dentist will carefully examine your child’s teeth for checking cavities or other developmental problems.
Taking your child to your family dentist is crucial as various forms of tooth decay can affect young children. Tooth decay in children can develop rapidly moving from the outer tooth enamel into the soft, inner dentin. There are a number of successful treatments that are offered by pediatric dentists to prevent tooth decay.
Final Thoughts on Dentistry for Children
Adopting good oral health care routine since the very beginning can save children from undergoing dental treatments.
Inculcate in your child healthy eating and brushing habits in the early stages of childhood. Along with that, pay regular visits to your family dentist for periodical check-ups.
Get the best dentistry services for children at RiverRock Dental Shakopee.