A dental implant is a tiny yet strong titanium screw which is used to surgically replace damaged or missing teeth. It is attached to the jawbone firmly to connect artificial teeth or other dental prostheses to the jaw.
Dental implants are not only used in replacing broken tooth but also to support loose or removable dentures. Before you decide to get a dental implant, you should know the importance of replacing teeth.
· Appearance: It is emotionally stressful to have a bad tooth or even worse a missing tooth. Our teeth contribute to making our appearance better and also boost our confidence. A missing tooth can affect our personal and work life by dropping down our confidence. Dental implants are effective in boosting your confidence and giving you a better replacement. There is a visible difference between the newly replaced tooth and the one that was badly damaged.
· Oral Health Care: Even if a single tooth is lost, there is an imbalance in your whole dental structure. The gap allows the nearby teeth to tilt and shift as a result of chewing. Consequently, this gives way to many other dental problems and affects your oral health. This happens when the distorted teeth structure interferes with your chewing abilities. It is seen that in a few years more teeth start to fall down.
· Comfort: If you have a missing tooth, every time you eat something it would touch the exposed root of the missing tooth. It causes a lot of discomforts and a sensation occurs which can be quite painful. Ultimately, you have to give up on some of your favorite foods due to continuous pain and discomfort.
A dental implant can help you regain your lost tooth and ability to chew food easily. It is important to get the procedure done at a reputable clinic as The River Rocks Dental. Our dentists are highly-skilled in carrying out a complex surgical procedure. The dental implantation procedures have a success rate of 95 percent.
How to Take Care of your Dental Implants
After getting dental implants, you need to take good care of your oral health to make them last longer. You should understand it is important to clean and protect the implants even when they are unreal.
After spending time and money on dental implants, you must take every step to maintain good oral health. One of the best ways to maintain good oral health in the future is to establish good nutrition.
· Make Strategic Choices after your Oral Surgery: Your nutritional choices after the dental procedure impacts the healing of the implant. Adding Vitamin C to your diet will decrease periodontal disease progression. Consuming green tea and its extracts will inhibit periodontal pathogenic growth.
· Make the Right Eating Choices: To make your dental implants last long, you need to make smart eating choices. The food that enters your mouth starts to change instantly. If the food that you eat is rich in sugar and carbohydrates, they will convert into acids. These acids attack the teeth causing decay in the long run. By consuming highly-processed and sugar-free foods, you can prevent many dental problems. It also helps to keep your teeth and gums as healthy as possible.
· Maintain your mouth’s pH Balance: The food that you eat impact the pH levels of your mouth. The pH level is measured on a scale of 0 to 12 with 7 considered neutral. If the food you eat has pH lower than 7, it will have negative health consequences. By avoiding acidic foods, you can maintain your body’s pH balance and ensure good oral health.
To get the best dental implants, Fix an Appointment with our Dentists.
Dentistry for children is very important in order to keep your child’s teeth healthy. Proper care of your child’s baby teeth will ensure the permanent teeth grow correctly. Dentistry for children will allow your child to learn good oral hygiene habits from an early stage.
You should make your child begin practicing oral hygiene routine but it can be a tough job. The first step to developing good oral hygiene habits begins with brushing and flossing. And brushing should be done by everyone in the family together. The next step is to visit your family dentist to get dentistry services for especially designed for children.
Why Develop Dentistry Habits in your Child at an Early Age
Taking care of the baby teeth is equally important for your child. Many parents don’t realize the significance of dentistry for children from a very early stage in life. Your child’s baby teeth impact the growth of his permanent teeth and their eating habits.
Taking proper care of the baby teeth teaches your child to develop oral hygiene habits since the very beginning. As a result, they will take care of their teeth when they grow up.
The parent’s attitude towards dental hygiene affects their children’s oral hygiene in the later stages of life. Your seriousness towards maintaining a good oral health routine will create awareness in your children too.
Developing the right brushing skills in your children when they are young will end up forever.
Tips to make your Child Learn the Art of Brushing
It isn’t easy to make your child brush his teeth twice a day. The children don’t understand the importance of brushing their teeth daily. If you want your children to brush their teeth twice daily, make them realize its importance. You should explain to your child that if the food gets caught in between your teeth they can get damaged.
The other ways to develop oral hygiene routine in your children are-
· Make it a Family Thing: Brushing is something practiced by everyone. It is best to brush together two minutes twice a day. Small children pick up the habits of their parents very quickly. So if they will see you take brushing seriously, they will follow your footsteps.
· Turn it into a Team sport: You can turn the brushing experience into a team sport by enjoying it. You should try to make your children enjoy those two minutes by making it an interesting affair. You can play your children’s favorite song so that they do not feel bored.
· Let your children choose their own Toothbrush and Toothpaste: Make your children choose their toothbrush and toothpaste on their own. This will make their brushing experience more fun and better. There are a variety of toothpastes which are child-friendly and also less intense.
· Start a Routine: The most crucial of all is to develop an oral hygiene routine for your whole family. Everyone brushing the teeth at the same time will build strong brushing habits in your children. Skipping brushing for a night or two may be easier but strive hard not to avoid it frequently. The dental hygiene habits that are inculcated by your children during the early years last forever.
Taking your Child to your Family Dentist
Teaching your children the right oral hygiene habits is not all. You must take them to your family dentist on a regular basis for regular check-ups. Working along with your dentist will assist you in developing good oral hygiene in your children.
At RiverRock Dental, our friendly dentists offer the best dentistry for children in Shakopee. Fix an appointment today!
A Dentist’s Best Tips to Keep your Smile Healthy Next Vacation
Who else can give you the best advice than a dentist to keep your smile healthy?
A healthy and beautiful smile is everyone’s wish. Even if you go out on a vacation with your family, maintaining your oral health is important. A vacation means you step out from your routine life but your dental care routine should not be missed.
You can follow your dental care routine easily without creating any hindrance in your family time.
A few of our dentist’s best tips can help you to keep your smile healthy this vacation-
· Visit your Dentist: Although very few enjoy visiting a dentist it’s extremely important. Going to your family dentist for regular checkups is essential for your good oral health. This will prevent any dental problems that might occur suddenly. Any dental problem is very painful for children and adults equally. You should visit your family dentist before heading out for a vacation to avoid any issues during the trip. Even a slight toothache can cause you a lot of discomforts, so get it resolved in advance.
· Keep the Essentials: Remember to keep the essential dental care items in your packing bag. All the basic dental supplies should not be left for the last moment packing. You may find it difficult to get them at a new place and they might be expensive too. Pack your toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, mouthwash, and lip sunscreen as well. You also have to take special care of the hygiene of your whole family. Keeping your toothbrush clean and dry is an important part of it.
· Follow your Usual Dental Routine: You tend to miss out on your daily routine due to the excitement of the vacation. But you should never miss out on your oral hygiene even if on a vacation. Brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash should remain an important part of your dental routine. Always keep your dentist’s contact number with you to get in touch at times of need.
· Eat Carefully: You enjoy and eat wholeheartedly during the vacations. While you eat everything that comes your way, you consume more sugar than usual. Any sugar that you intake will negatively affect your teeth and may cause cavities. You can rather consume alternating sugary juices or use a straw to keep away liquids from your teeth. It is best to pack healthy snacks and drink sugar-free liquids prevent harm to your teeth.
· Avoid the Dental Care Myths: You should be aware of many of the dental care myths. Using a mouthwash in place of brushing to save time is no good idea. Brushing once a day is not enough especially if you are consuming high amounts of sugar and other foods. You must follow your oral hygiene routine both in the morning and at night.
Paying attention to your oral hygiene is extremely important whether you’re at home or on a holiday. Inculcating good oral habits in your children from a very young age is equally significant.
The RiverRock Dental best family dentists can help you to maintain a healthy dental routine.
Visit your Family Dentist this Winter
Wondering how visiting your family dentist this winter is being emphasized upon?
The Dentists at RiverRock Dental have the answer to your question.
There is a layer of your teeth that is extremely sensitive to temperature changes. This layer gets exposed when your tooth enamel wears down or the gums recede. Consequently, whenever you eat or drink something hot or cold it touches this part and causes pain. A Similar type of pain can be felt during winters as your teeth contracts in response to the weather.
Cold weather can hurt your teeth as well as causing toothaches or sensitivity in your teeth or nerves. Extreme cold climate makes your teeth contract thus cracking and exposing the layer below the enamel. This layer is called Dentin and forms the core of your teeth between the enamel and the gums. Any problem in your enamel or gums can leave you vulnerable to cold weather pain.
Sensitivity due to the cold weather is unavoidable even if you follow good oral care hygiene. To minimize the effects of cold weather, you must know the causes of sensitivity and how to deal with the related pain. Most importantly, you should visit your family dentist at the earliest.
Reasons for Seasonal Sensitivity from a Dentist’s Desk
Your Dentin gets exposed to sensitivity due to the following reasons-
· Periodontal Disease: The diseases of the gums, periodontal ligament, and alveolar bone can expose dentin to sensitivity. The very first phase of the periodontal disease is Gingivitis.
· Brushing too hard: Do you also brush your teeth too hard? To remove the yellowness of your teeth you think brushing hard is the only solution. It’s not, in fact, it can hurt your enamel badly.
· Clenching: The habit of clenching and grinding your teeth while sleeping or being awake causes sensitivity.
· Tooth Decay: A neglected tooth decay problem is often followed by teeth sensitivity in winters. You should immediately visit a dentist near you if you feel pain in your tooth.
· Acidic Beverages: Excessive consumption of beverages containing a high concentration of acid can affect your enamel. Sodas, coffee, juices, and tea can erode your teeth and expose the dentin layer.
How will your Family Dentist Help?
You should see your dentist whenever you feel tooth sensitivity to get the treatment. A dentist will determine which teeth are most sensitive and recommend the best solution for those teeth. If it’s just the beginning, sensitivity toothpaste can be used to get rid of sensitivity. However, if your teeth are extremely sensitive, then an advanced procedure can be used by a dentist to treat you.
One of the following solutions you can expect as your dental treatment-
· Fluoride Application: A dentist may apply fluoride to your sensitive teeth. It is a natural mineral that strengthens the enamel and prevents sensitivity.
· Covering Root Surface: Your dentist may use a sealant to cover the root surfaces of receding gums.
· Mouth Guard: Your dentist can make a mouth guard to prevent you from clenching your teeth. A mouth guard is also effective for jaw pain.
· Root Canal Treatment: In this procedure, the dentist removes the soft pulp from the affected tooth. This is an advanced treatment used to fix serious tooth decay issues.
It is worth visiting your family dentist this coming winter at RiverRock Dental.
Why is Dentistry for Children Important
Dentistry for children focuses on maintaining the oral health care of your child. The first teeth of children do not last for a lifetime but they need conscientious care. The early dental care and good oral health is beneficial in the adulthood.
The primary teeth have two very important functions given below-
· The primary teeth act as guides to help in the eruption of permanent teeth. The primary teeth hold the space for the new teeth to emerge in their proper place.
· Your children spend most of their childhood with the primary teeth helping them to eat, chew, and speak. In the beginning years, the primary teeth perform these important functions before getting naturally replaced by the permanent ones.
You should make sure both the primary and permanent teeth are well cared for. To get the best oral care for your child, you must appoint for yourself a family dentist. A family dentist will look after the dental health of your whole family. Regular visits to your family dentist will enable your child to trust him and his practice.
Dentistry for children is crucial for the good oral health of your child from the very beginning. The child will also understand the importance of pediatric dentistry and will develop good oral health care routine.
The RiverRock Dental offers the best dentistry for children and adults of all ages.
The Right Time for Dentistry for Children
The first phase of dentistry for children can begin with the growth of your child’s first teeth. The primary teeth start appearing between six to nine months. You notice the two lower front teeth emerging at first followed by the two upper front ones. Next comes, the molars followed by the canines. The primary teeth that erupt are 20 in number. During this whole process, you may find some discomfort felt by the children. You can contact your family dentist to know the best course of action.
Your dentist will advise you to cleanse the newly erupting teeth and gums after each feeding. You can use a damp washcloth or soft water-soaked cotton to clean the gums and teeth.
When your child reaches the age of two, your family dentist will recommend establishing a daily brushing routine. Once your child begins to understand oral health, you can start taking him to the family dentist.
Dentistry for Children can begin as early as with the first year but there’s no harm in it. You can bring your children to the RiverRock Dental clinic for their first dental check-up. Our Dentist will carefully examine your child’s teeth for checking cavities or other developmental problems.
Taking your child to your family dentist is crucial as various forms of tooth decay can affect young children. Tooth decay in children can develop rapidly moving from the outer tooth enamel into the soft, inner dentin. There are a number of successful treatments that are offered by pediatric dentists to prevent tooth decay.
Final Thoughts on Dentistry for Children
Adopting good oral health care routine since the very beginning can save children from undergoing dental treatments.
Inculcate in your child healthy eating and brushing habits in the early stages of childhood. Along with that, pay regular visits to your family dentist for periodical check-ups.
Get the best dentistry services for children at RiverRock Dental Shakopee.
What Necessitates the Need to visit a Dentist for Orthodontic Treatment?
A dentist is commonly known for checking your oral health and treating complications as cavities and gum diseases. Many people face certain irregularities in the mouth for which they need special orthodontic treatment. For many others achieving a healthy and beautiful smile is why they approach the dentist offering orthodontic services.
If you want the best orthodontic treatment from a family dentist, you can trust our dental staff.
The Irregularities a Dentist can Treat using Orthodontic Procedures
A dentist with the specialized training of Orthodontics can fix many dental problems of yours. The dentist specialized in orthodontic treatment can help treat the following irregularities-
· Misaligned Teeth: The most common problem with the patients visiting a dentist is misaligned teeth. In this case, either the upper teeth too far or the lower extends too far or less. Also, when the back teeth are not aligned properly it can cause midline mismatch. Your family dentist will recognize the misalignment during the regular dental sittings. As an orthodontic treatment, various methods are used to straighten up the teeth. The best solution used by an orthodontic dentist is bracing encircling the teeth in the mouth. Although, if braces are not a suitable option for you, the orthodontist will recommend going for Invisalign. Invisalign are aligners used as an alternative for braces but are removable. The best part of Invisalign is that they are invisible from a distance and can enhance your smile.
· Spacing and Crowding: Another dental problem that asks for orthodontic treatment is spacing or crowding. Spacing is the irregular gap between the teeth or the teeth missing entirely. The gap in the teeth tends to grow larger over time and will affect the structure of the mouth. The dentist will try to bring the teeth closer to a tight alignment. On the contrary, crowding is the excess of teeth which doesn’t leave any space for the eruption of other teeth. Having too many teeth is bad for everyone especially children. The orthodontic dentist will remove the excessive teeth thus creating more space. The dentists make use of Invisaligners to treat overcrowding in the mouth.
· Malocclusions: Malocclusions are commonly referred to as bad bites that need orthodontic care. Bad bites can be categorized into four types-
o Underbite is when the lower jaw extends over the upper jaw.
o Overbite is when the upper jaw is extending too far from the lower jaw.
o Crossbite is when the upper teeth are inside the lower teeth.
o Openbite is when there is no overlapping between the upper and the lower teeth.
If the malocclusion is severe, you may need a Palate Expander, a more advanced orthodontic treatment. The Palate Expanders are the most preferred choice in today’s world. It broadens the arch of the upper jaw giving more space to the area.
There are numerous orthodontic treatments a dentist can adopt to help you with misaligned teeth. To know which method would suit your need, you must fix an appointment with a dentist near you.
You can also ask your family dentist to carefully examine your teeth and refer the best orthodontic treatment.
The RiverRock Dental Shakopee can help you get the best Orthodontic care.
Everyone knows that visiting a dentist is important because they help us with our oral health.
Only a dentist can truly tell an individual about his or her oral health and advice him or her on how to improve it.
However, the problem arises when parents want to take their children to their regular dental checkups.
It is true that children are horrified of going to the dentist because of the way they have been perceived.
Fortunately, they are a few ways that will help your children overcome their dentist fear.
Keep in mind; you need to go to a dentist that has specialized in Dentistry for Children.
If you are unsure, you can do a “dentists near me” search before going.
Talk about your child about their dentist-related fears. Make sure you are being as precise as possible. Some children that are scared of needles and others are not comfortable of having strangers up in their face.
Choose the Right Words
Try not to use words that include ‘pain,’ ‘shot,’ and ‘hurt.’ Dentists that have specialized in dentistry for children will use their own vocabulary. They are trained professionals and they know how to deal with all sorts of children.
The best way to help your children is by keeping a positive attitude. In addition, since children are very curious, they will try and know detailed answers to certain question, but you must avoid those.
Pretend that you are a dentist, take a small flashlights and begin counting your child’s teeth. Talk to them while you are doing so because this way they will begin to think that dentists are friendly humans after all!
Make it Fun
Make your child sit on the recliner seat, and show them how the chair moves in different directions. While doing so, tell them how a healthy mouth is the best kind of mouth. When they start feeling comfortable, return them to their original position.
Let Them Explore
Arrange a meeting with the dentist and their staff so your child can visit. The dentists that have been trained in dentistry for children will make sure your child feels safe, comfortable, and welcomed into thief office. This way their fear will be eliminated as well.
Trained in Dentistry for Children
It is important to go to a dentist that is trained in dentistry for kids because they have child-friendly facilities. They use smaller oral instruments, they have a children's theme going on, and they have games. They are also wearing outfits that seem friendly for children.
Do Not Make Promises
Try not to bribe your child at any cost. If you promise them a treat, it will lead to increased apprehension.
In the end, it is not that difficult to help your child overcome his or her fear. Going to a dentist that has specialized in dentistry for children will make your job even easier. Do not forget to do a “dentists near me” search or simply click here.
It is true that the first thing someone notices about you is your smile, which is why whitening toothpastes and pearly white teeth are always talked about.
However, what does one do if he/she is missing a tooth or teeth? In this case, there is a drop in self-esteem and self-confidence. Because of these two –major- reasons, dental implants are the best thing to opt for.
Keep in mind, if you have a family dentist, you must consult with him/her before making any decisions.
Here are the different types of dental implants that are available:
These implants are most commonly used because they are the same size of a tooth. The good part about this implant is that it can replace one or more teeth at the same time. This is implanted into the jawbone with the help of metal screws that are secured in the bone. If more than one tooth needs to be replaced, there will be more implantations.
Mini and Micro Implants
Mini implants are a tiny bit smaller than the conventional implants. They have “smaller bolts” so they take up less space. Then there are micro implants –although they are not used- they are even smaller than the mini. These are mostly used when the gap between two teeth is small.
Bridges and implants are different oral procedures, but not there are bridges that can be secured with the help of implants. Unlike conventional bridges, these fixed bridges do not depend on the surrounding teeth. The fixed bridges are properly secured with implants so there are no slips during talking or eating.
Over dentures are only used when one has lost all their teeth on one jaw line or entirely. The benefit of getting over dentures is that they protect the bone and gums from being damaged by the constant rubbing of dentures on the gum line. This issue can lead to bone loss, but dental implants prevent this from happening. The implant is in the bone so it raises the dentures to be above the gum line and this protects the bones under.
When there are minor shifts and movements need in teeth, then implants are used to “dot anchor them.” This ensures the teeth to be in the place they are supposed to be in. Dentists (or your family dentist) may recommend you to get your teeth moved a little so they are aligned better. This is the sole purpose of braces because no one would want their teeth to be too far apart.
In some cases, there are micro implants used to secure temporary bridgework. This bridgework is used so it can be placed on the tooth that has been replaced. When the teeth and gums have healed, the micro implants are removed and conventional ones are placed.
If you feel that dental implants are something you need, consult your family dentist or click here.
Most parents don’t know what age should they take their children to the dentist for consultation. It is important to take care of the oral hygiene of your children and make them understand the significance of it from an early age. Nearly all dentists believe that a child should have their first visit to the dentist 6 months after they get their first tooth.
When in their growing age, the health of your children’s teeth needs to be monitored very carefully. It is better to have professional dental care so that their teeth can remain healthy. As children intake enormous amounts of sugary treats like formula milk, snacks, and juices, their chances of getting cavities at an early age increases. Dentists provide guidance to the children and their parents so that the chances of cavities and tooth decay could be decreased.
The Importance of Baby Teeth
A lot of parents think that children from ages 1-2 shouldn’t see a dentist as they are too young. This assumption is wrong. It is never too early to take care of the oral hygiene. The better your child’s oral hygiene is, the stronger their teeth will be.
Primary or baby teeth have significance for a number of reasons. It helps in the development of speech, appetite and chewing, and also they set the foundation for your child’s permanent teeth.
True, that the baby teeth will fall out eventually and permanent teeth would replace them, but if your child has cavities in their baby teeth, the severe pain they would face would be awful. Prevention is always better than cure. If you prevent your child from getting cavities, the tooth decay could be avoided.
If the decay in your child’s milk teeth is bad, it can travel to the bone, causing the permanent teeth to be damaged as well. If the teeth fall off earlier than it is supposed to, it can cause the permanent teeth to not come out in their proper position. These are some of the problems that can occur if you don’t take your child to the dentist early. You don’t want your children to be self-conscious later in their life, right?
Factors That Lead Towards Early Tooth Decay
These are some of the factors that lead your children to have cavities, which lead to early tooth decay. If your child practices any if these habits it is important that you take care of their oral hygiene.
· Dipping dummies or pacifiers in sugar, jam, or honey
· Drinks and food which are loaded with sugar or sweeteners
· Late night snack or milk with sweetener
· Irregular in flossing their teeth
· Not brushing twice a day
· High intake of fruity drinks and juice
· Limited or no access to fluoridated water
· Use of sippy cups or bottles at night time
Early visits to the dentist can provide your child with the care to prevent them from getting cavities. RiverRock Dental have trained professionals who will take care of your child’s teeth and have them smiling for days to come.
It is natural for your child to get nervous for their first dental visit. It is necessary for the parents and the dentist to make the child’s first dental visit both fun and enjoyable.
You should never spring the news to your child that they will be going to see a dentist the following day. Always try to ease them into the idea of someone looking at their teeth to clean them.
Almost all doctors ask the parents to stay in the examination room if the child is under the age of three. Having the parents in the same room helps ease some of the anxiety in kids.
The best way to make them less worried would be to be honest with them. Prepare your children of all the instruments, machinery, and noises they will be seeing or hearing at the dentist’s office.
Dentistry for children is a lot different than treating adult patients. Children need to be eased into the situation. Some ways to calm their tiny nerves are:
· Teaching all the benefits and advantages of oral hygiene to your children with the help of fun books and cartoons
· Have role-playing exercises where you can be the dentist and your child could be the patient in order to get them familiarized with the routine
· Promise your child a treat that if she behaves like a good girl, she would be rewarded
· Bring their favorite stuffed toy so they will feel at home
· Be a cheerleader for them
· Use language that they can understand so they won’t get confused
Forcing a child to go the dentist will be bad for both the kid and the dentist. It is important that your child is not frightened to go to the dentist.
What to Expect at the First Visit
At the first visit to the dental office, the dentist will thoroughly examine your kid’s mouth and teeth for signs of early decay and cavities. They will also advice you and your child about the proper oral hygiene.
The dentist will also talk to you about the development, teething, and bite of your child’s teeth. They will also examine your child’s soft tissues or gums. If your child has any oral habits like sucking, you can address that issue with the dentist as well. If there is a stain or your child’s teeth or a high risk that they may get cavities, the dentist may apply a fluoride preparation to clean your child’s teeth.
The Next Visit
After your child’s first visit, you have to make regular visits to the doctor to keep your child’s teeth free from cavities. The dentist will let you know when you should schedule the next appointment. As long as there is no tooth decay or any other problems, most dentists recommend that you visit their office after every 6 months.
RiverRock Dental have pediatric dental experts which will make your child’s first dental visit a pleasant experience.
Dental implantation is the procedure of getting false tooth roots that are used to replace and support missing teeth. The benefit of getting dental implants is that they can prevent jawbone damage, tooth loss, and further damage to adjacent teeth. Dental implants are seen as prosthetic dentistry or considered a form of cosmetic dentistry.
By substituting the roots of missing teeth, dental implants allow people to stay confident, happy and it allows them to live their life normally. If you are considering getting a dental implant, make sure you do a quick Google search on “dentists near me” and find the best dentists who offer cosmetic dentistry services.
Reasons of Tooth Loss
Dental implants can help replace the teeth lost due to any of the following reasons:
● Tooth decay
● Damage during root canal
● Gum diseases
● Mouth injury
● Congenital defects
● Wear and tear (excessively)
The only person that can determine whether you need dental implants is your dentist. During the process, there will be a thorough examination of your teeth & gums and your bone quantity & density will be checked as well. You will need to do couple of tests that may include X-rays and CT scans. Later, your dentist will talk to you about the implant process, after care and all expenses.
Depending on your oral health, habits, and commitment to your teeth, your dentist will advise about what you need to do. Your dentist will tell you about the aftercare of dental implants, why it is crucial and requires a lot of attention.
The dental implants procedure is typically done in one sitting, but the osseointegration process takes time. The implants are fitted into the jaw in this process. The healing process can take 3-6 months and if it is not properly done, the implant will not be successful.
Implants can be done at any age, but certain medical conditions (diabetes, periodontal disease, or cancer) may require many sessions to do it successfully.
● Jaw Preparation- The implant is usually made up of titanium screws or crowns. Small holes are drilled in the jawbone where the implant can be successfully placed. Dentists need to be experienced when performing this procedure because a big hole can lead to jawbone damage.
● Placement- After the hole has been drilled in the right place, it has to be widened to add the screw. When it is in place, the tissue is placed on top of it and a protective screw that allows that area of your mouth to heal. After 6 months, your dentist will take the cover off and place a crown or a fake tooth.
The recovery can be hard; therefore, taking care of the implants is highly recommended. Proper hygiene habits must be performed otherwise the implant could get infected leading to failure. Since dental implants look and function just like real teeth, it is important to floss and brush them daily.
Taking care of your teeth can lead to the most beautiful smile!
To learn more about dental implants, please visit http://www.riverrockdds.com/.