A dental implant is a tiny yet strong titanium screw which is used to surgically replace damaged or missing teeth. It is attached to the jawbone firmly to connect artificial teeth or other dental prostheses to the jaw.
Dental implants are not only used in replacing broken tooth but also to support loose or removable dentures. Before you decide to get a dental implant, you should know the importance of replacing teeth.
· Appearance: It is emotionally stressful to have a bad tooth or even worse a missing tooth. Our teeth contribute to making our appearance better and also boost our confidence. A missing tooth can affect our personal and work life by dropping down our confidence. Dental implants are effective in boosting your confidence and giving you a better replacement. There is a visible difference between the newly replaced tooth and the one that was badly damaged.
· Oral Health Care: Even if a single tooth is lost, there is an imbalance in your whole dental structure. The gap allows the nearby teeth to tilt and shift as a result of chewing. Consequently, this gives way to many other dental problems and affects your oral health. This happens when the distorted teeth structure interferes with your chewing abilities. It is seen that in a few years more teeth start to fall down.
· Comfort: If you have a missing tooth, every time you eat something it would touch the exposed root of the missing tooth. It causes a lot of discomforts and a sensation occurs which can be quite painful. Ultimately, you have to give up on some of your favorite foods due to continuous pain and discomfort.
A dental implant can help you regain your lost tooth and ability to chew food easily. It is important to get the procedure done at a reputable clinic as The River Rocks Dental. Our dentists are highly-skilled in carrying out a complex surgical procedure. The dental implantation procedures have a success rate of 95 percent.
How to Take Care of your Dental Implants
After getting dental implants, you need to take good care of your oral health to make them last longer. You should understand it is important to clean and protect the implants even when they are unreal.
After spending time and money on dental implants, you must take every step to maintain good oral health. One of the best ways to maintain good oral health in the future is to establish good nutrition.
· Make Strategic Choices after your Oral Surgery: Your nutritional choices after the dental procedure impacts the healing of the implant. Adding Vitamin C to your diet will decrease periodontal disease progression. Consuming green tea and its extracts will inhibit periodontal pathogenic growth.
· Make the Right Eating Choices: To make your dental implants last long, you need to make smart eating choices. The food that enters your mouth starts to change instantly. If the food that you eat is rich in sugar and carbohydrates, they will convert into acids. These acids attack the teeth causing decay in the long run. By consuming highly-processed and sugar-free foods, you can prevent many dental problems. It also helps to keep your teeth and gums as healthy as possible.
· Maintain your mouth’s pH Balance: The food that you eat impact the pH levels of your mouth. The pH level is measured on a scale of 0 to 12 with 7 considered neutral. If the food you eat has pH lower than 7, it will have negative health consequences. By avoiding acidic foods, you can maintain your body’s pH balance and ensure good oral health.
To get the best dental implants, Fix an Appointment with our Dentists.