Notice of Privacy and Acknowledgment
I understand that, under the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), I have certain rights to privacy regarding my protected health information. I understand that this information can and will be used to:
- Conduct, plan, and direct my treatment and follow-up among the multiple healthcare providers who may be involved in that treatment directly and indirectly.
- Obtain payment from third-party payers.
- Conduct normal healthcare operations such as quality assessments and physicians certifications.
I have been informed by you of your Notice of Privacy Practices containing a more complete description of the uses and disclosures of my health information.
I have been given the right to review such Notice of Privacy Practices prior to signing this consent. I understand that this organization has the right to change its Notice of Privacy Practices from time to time and that I may contact this organization at any time at the address below to obtain a current copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices.
- I understand that I may request in writing that you restrict how my private information is used or disclosed to carry out treatment, payment, or healthcare operations. I also understand that you are not required to agree to my requested restrictions, but if you do agree then you are bound to abide by such restrictions.
- I understand that I may revoke this consent in writing at any time, except to the extent that you have taken action relying on this consent.