Dental Crowns or "Caps" - Shakopee, MN
Dental Crowns, also known by some as “caps”, are restorations predominantly made of porcelain, which cover all surfaces of the tooth. They are often the ultimate restoration when replacing large cavities or heavily damaged teeth. A crown can help restore the strength of a tooth.
In What Situation Will I Need A Crown?
Dental Crowns are useful in a variety of circumstances.
- It protects a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth.
- To restore a broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down.
- It covers & support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left.
- To hold a dental bridge in place.
- To improve tooth contour or severely discolored teeth.
How Long Will It Take To Get A Crown?
A single crown usually takes 2 visits. On the first visit, we prepare the tooth and take an impression. Then we place a temporary crown on the prepared tooth to protect it. Three weeks later, we remove the temporary crown and permanently cement the final crown.
Caring For Your Crowns
A good quality crown could last many years with proper care. It is very important to floss in the area of the crown to avoid plaque or debris around the restoration. Brittle foods, ice, or hard candy can compromise the adhesion of the crown, or even damage the crown.
Call today at (952) 445-5556 or fill out the contact form to schedule your first appointment, or to let us know how we can best serve you.
Make an appointment today…we’ll give you a reason to smile!